intimate torment 1

romantic anguish 1 Composition

Promise Akubue

English 10 Elevates

October thirty-one, 2014

Romantic Sorrow

The one-man band Owl City obtained fame last season after the release of the recording Ocean Eyes. Owl Metropolis became popular due to its ecstatic songs and sounds and most of all the individuality and uniqueness of composer Mandsperson Young. Most of the songs in Adam Young's Ocean Sight have styles that are personal in the like this they investigated his dreams and heart-breaking personal contact. In the music " Vanilla Twilight, " he uses paradoxical effects, imagery, and metaphorical vocabulary to reveal and truly bring out the meaning and the theme of the song.

Owls City uses paradoxical implications in the subject of the tune: " Vanilla Twilight. " The vanilla flower contains a white color that contradicts with the night of twilight. In the music, Young generally seems to reminiscing about lost like. This is clearly shown inside the line, " Oh favorite, I wish you were here. " It appears as if Youthful uses paradoxical implications to first show the value of his thoughts, but concurrently portraying the darkness or perhaps misery this individual has dropped into after his reduction. Young promises that he is " soaked in vanilla twilight. " This literary device provides song a feeling of contradictory concurrence.

As the song takes on on, symbolism that usually involves imagination and fantasies are slipped into portray the frequent fantasy of Young's mind. Small tries to break free from his pain simply by pouring him self a heavy dose of atmosphere and sampling the atmosphere to experience alive. Young's talent to break free of the physical world and to transcend to new heights gives this song a poetic edge that explains the tangible employing fantasy and great depths of imagination. His make use of imagery enables the audience to escape with him and gives insight to the song's theme.

The most evident and simply spotted fictional device that Owl City uses is definitely metaphorical vocabulary. Almost every other line has a metaphor. The metaphors exaggerate his desires and the level of his...

Related

Vasile Elena Cristina Psychoanalytic Perspective Of T S i9000 Eliot The Love Song Of Alfred T Prufrock Analysis Paper

п»їVasile Elena-Cristina Twentieth-Century British Literature second Year Workshop tutor: Andreea Paris Group: II 'languages': English-German Psychoanalytical perspective of T. S i9000. Eliot's Love Track of…...

Groupthink: Their Influences and Implications Dissertation

Groupthink: its Influences and Significance Various personal theories and phenomenon are useful tools in explaining the causes behind coverage making and political tactics. One such happening is groupthink.…...

The Parable of the Old fart and the Youthful Essay

Looking at the poem, " The Parable of the Old fart and the Young" by Wilfred Owen for the first time, I was told of the account in the…...

How Dickens uses terminology to impact the readers respond to Pip. Essay

There is a various repetition inside the passage. Terms like ‘Dead and Buried' are repeated to advise us, as readers, that most of Pip's family is deceased. The word ‘buried'…...

Suicide Between LGBT- Early Adolescents Article

Research Project Suicide between LGBT – Early Teenage years Suicide between LGBT Adolescence Early on adolescence can be described as stage rather than…...

Is 16 and Pregnant an effective kind of birth control? Dissertation

HSA 6520 Epidemiology and Health Planning Module 1 Current Events January 18, 2014 Is " 16 and Pregnant” an effective form of contraceptive? On January 13, National…...

Earthquake Article

Earthquakes will be one of the most dangerous of organic hazards. Earthquake occurs due to sudden transitive motion of the ground as a result of release of elastic…...

Essay upon Hershey Foods Case Study

The case study of Hershey Foods offered a unique perspective around the effects of a company's tactical plan or perhaps lack of one particular. Usually it just affects that company…...

Essay about Federal Cost management And Accounting

п»ї Federal Budgeting and Accounting Cayce Harris ACC-548 01-15-2015 Mindi Smedley Federal Budgeting and Accounting What roles perform accountants perform…...

TO LOVE AGAIN Dissertation

п»їTO LOVE ONCE AGAIN Radio's fine It helps me personally forget intended for awhile I actually look as well as recall Those days…...